This webinar will focus on the Aggression topic. Specifically: –
1. Neural and hormonal mechanisms in aggression.
2. Genetic factors in aggression.
3. Ethological and Evolutionary explanations of aggression.
3. Social Psychological explanations: frustration-aggression hypothesis, social learning theory and deindividuation.
4. Institutional aggression in the context of prison.
5. Media influences on aggression: the effects of computer games, desensitisation, disinhibition and cognitive priming.
The focus will be on ways of teaching and using innovative ideas to deliver the topic effectively. We will discuss issues and practicalities of differentiation as well as covering the assessment requirements and how best to prepare your students for this.
There will be an opportunity for sharing good practice and discussion, and you will be given materials to use.